Thursday, August 4, 2011

Distressing Letters from Kids

I feel like we need an uplifting breather after yesterday's post, yes?

Sometimes, I put up things I've discovered on other websites, blogs, peoples' Facebook shares, and this is one of those. Many of you have probably already seen this; occasionally, I am a little late arriving to the party (hello, starting a personal blog in 2011!), but who cares? If it makes you laugh, it makes you laugh!

These are "Nine Hilariously Distressing Letters From Kids" posted on Funny or Die. For those of you who don't know, I've spent a LOT of time working with children, and was lucky enough to be the subject of a hilariously distressing letter from a kid myself. The thing about the "under ten" set is they don't hold back with their emotions; what they're experiencing in the moment of their feeling is very real, passionate and intense, and they are unequipped to realize that not only will it pass, it will pass in a matter of minutes.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I did. I'm not sure which is my favorite, but I'm currently leaning toward the first one, clearly written by a future tree hugger of America.


This last one is another contender for first place. Who doesn't want to run away when wrongly accused of breaking wind? I hope this kid learned his lesson and has started blaming it on the family dog, just like the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...